Let’s Clear the Air
Rümi installs whole-household air quality systems and humidifiers to keep the air you breathe indoors clean and comfortable.
Ever wonder why get you sick more often in winter? Closed windows and doors not only keep the cold air out, they also trap allergens and airborne bacteria inside.
Indoor air is up to 20 times more polluted than outdoor air, carrying common pollutants like VOCs–the chemicals that result in “off gassing” from things like new flooring, scented candles and cleaners. Other air pollutants include dust, pet dander, germs, and bacteria. Yuck! Bet there’s a lot more stuff flowing through your home than you ever thought possible.
Proper filtration is essential for maintaining good indoor air quality. These systems are even more critical when dealing with today’s high efficiency furnace systems.
Improved home air quality can result in:
- Better breathing, sleeping, and overall health
- Prolonged lifespan of furniture and floors
- Increased overall comfort among homeowners and guests
Proper humidity, ventilation, and temperature control are required to create a healthier atmosphere within your home. Consult with one of Rümi’s ClimateCare specialists to learn more about how we can help.
Air Filtration Basics
Many heating and cooling systems utilize a basic air filter to protect the equipment, not the people inside the building who are using the equipment. The average filter is only capable of removing 3–5% of the particles that pass through it.
Proper air cleaning that is designed for humans can remove a significant amount of the contaminants and pollutants that cycle through most modern homes. The right filtration system can calm respiratory conditions like allergies and other breathing conditions, as well as reduce bodily irritations, illness, and even disease.
- Rümi’s HVAC purifiers are installed in the return-air ductwork just before the air handler or furnace.
- Our qualified HVAC specialists will help you choose the system and filter that’s right for your home.
Filters We Carry
- Good: The classic Healthy Climate® lineup offers great, everyday filters that trap typical particles and even remove some viruses from the air. The Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value (MERV) rating you select will affect how many impurities are removed from the air.
- Better: Healthy Climate® HEPA system is capable of removing nearly all allergy-aggravating contaminants, including some of the smallest particles and bacteria. They clean the air to a hospital-grade level of air filtration. That’s clean!
- Best: Lennox® line of Healthy Climate® filters are, without question, the best whole home filters available. PureAir™ destroys household odours and chemical vapours from sources like pets, cleaning products, and cooking appliances and combats 90% of germs and bacteria down to .01-micron to remove 90% of viruses like flu and Mrsa. The Lennox® line consistently cleans more aspects of your air and effortlessly allows greater airflow than any other whole home filtration solution around.
Breathe easier when you work with Rümi certified technicians.
We all know the air in Alberta is extremely dry. Dry air can cause damage to your home and health—affecting skin, hair, eyes, and throats. Proper humidity levels should be at about 35-45% and are essential for creating a healthy indoor environment.
Home Humidification Systems
A Rümi home humidification system adds moisture to the air and works with your heating system to circulate it through every room. Stay warm and cozy without the problems associated with dry air, such as skin irritations and sore throats.
Other Benefits of the Humidifier:
- Save energy: With proper humidity you will feel more comfortable at a slightly cooler temperature. Set your thermostat to a lower reading and save on your energy bill year-over-year.
- Protect your home: Consistent humidity is critical to prolonging the life of your wood furniture, flooring, plants, and instruments. Fluctuations in humidity cause things to swell with excess water then shrink when the air is dry. This expansion and contraction is hard on your household items, particularly anything made of wood. Splits, cracks, and shrinkage can result. A properly installed humidifier keeps moisture levels more consistent to protect your home and furnishings from fluctuating humidity.
- Don’t be static: Reduce the amount of static electricity build-up in textiles around your home.
Don’t let our dry climate get the best of you. Talk to a Rümi professional about installing a humidifier in your home and start feeling more comfortable.
Is Rümi Right for You?
Rümi’s roots stretch back 70+ years as part of the ATCO family. We are well-established and we aren’t going anywhere. While smaller companies may sometimes be able to provide lower quotes, consider the real price you’ll pay if they’re not around in five years when you need something repaired under their warranty. Rest assured that Rümi will still be here.