Ready to fall back into cool evenings and changing colours?
Not so fast! Before you pull out the hot cocoa and warm sweaters, your yard needs some TLC to prepare for cooler temperatures and approaching flurries.
Kids (and pets) may love big piles of leaves to play in, but for adults those colourful leaves are a reminder of a time-consuming seasonal chore. Fall yard clean-ups are vital for pre-protecting your lawn from damaging build-up that can suffocate your soil, harbour moisture, grow mold, and spread disease through your root systems. We invite you to skip the tedious raking and bagging this year and let us do the work.
This service is currently available in NW Calgary, Edmonton, Sherwood Park and St. Albert.
This service is all wrapped up for the season. Subscribe to our newsletter and be the first to know when bookings open up for next season.
Since every project is unique, our pricing is all estimate-based. Don’t worry though, you won't receive a surprise bill. We will go over the entire project's costs with you before the work begins.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Give our home happiness advisors a call to book this service or request a quote through the website. You can also request through the Rümi app available in both the Google Play and Apple App stores.
- Before we arrive, we request that the lawn area is clear of toys, furniture, and pet waste. If the lawn is not ready for service, we’ll skip the visit.
- Before we begin, the crew lead takes a ‘before’ photo.
- On average, our two-person crews will spend 30 minutes or less on your property.
- First, they’ll blow leaves out of gardens and other areas onto the lawn for pickup. Crews will blow the leaves and other debris together, rake them, and bag them. Our professional and efficient crews will leave you with a clean yard, ready for any weather.
- When the job is done, the crew will snap an ‘after’ phone and pack up their equipment. Then they’ll dispose of the yard waste responsibly.
- Finally, we’ll send you a link to view your before/after photos.
Think of us as a trusted concierge for your home. We partner with local service experts who share our values and meet our rigorous safety, skill and happiness standards. We've done the legwork, groundwork and straight-up work-work so you don't have to.
Our guiding mission is to create homeowner happiness, one smile at a time.
What happens if I leave leaves and other debris over the winter?
Leaves and debris that accumulate in the fall can damage the health of your lawn during the cold winter months by suffocating your soil and harbouring moisture that can lead to mold and disease that could destroy your lawn’s root system. It can take multiple seasons (and a lot of time, effort, and money) to repair the damage.
What do the crews do with the waste?
We bag the debris in clear plastic bags and leave them at your garbage collection spot (either at the front or back of the house). The city collects these bags as part of their garbage pickup.
When should I book a fall clean up?
The best time to book for a fall cleanup is when the large majority of your trees have shed their leaves and before the snow flies, if possible.
How does Rümi ensure safety?
Safety is one of our top priorities.
Our crews bring and maintain expert equipment. Every team member is required to wear long pants, jeans, or slacks. When operating the trimmers, our crew members wear provided eye protection. Both crew members also wear provided ear protection and gloves.
How long will it take to complete the clean up?
Typically, our crew can complete a yard in 30 minutes or less.