The lawn is mowed and the garden beds are calling… here’s where things get real! Fertilizing the plants you love while managing pesky weeds can take all the fun out of your summer yard.
We can help you with a fertilization schedule that sets you up to have the best lawn in the neighbourhood and professional applications free of spills, burning, and green lines. Our experts can also tackle and prevent the spread of invasive weeds. Rümi’s teams live and work in Alberta, so they know what this land loves and how to make it thrive! All you have to do is add water.
This service is currently available in Calgary, Edmonton and their surrounding areas.
Since every project is unique, our pricing is all estimate-based. Don’t worry though, you won't receive a surprise bill. We will go over the entire project's costs with you before the work begins.
What to Expect
- Give our home happiness advisors a call to book this service or request a quote through the website. You can also request through the Rümi app available in both the Google Play and Apple App stores.
- Please let your lawn dry for about 24 hours before we arrive.
- On average, our one or two-person crews will spend 30 minutes or less on your property for fertilization and 30 minutes or less for weed control.
- When fertilizing: Our crews will spray your lawn with a custom-designed nutrient blend in a controlled manner to increase soil and plant health. Our team always ensures an even distribution of fertilizer with no spills, burning, or green lines.
- Weed removal crews will be careful not overspray any areas, as well as keep the spray away from flower beds.
- Depending on the unique needs of your property, additional services may include weed removal from under hard surfaces (like decks, patios, etc.).
- When the job is done, the crew will snap an ‘after’ phone and pack up their equipment. Make sure to stay off the lawn (kids and pets too!) for 4-6 hours and avoid watering it for 24 hours.
- For fertilization, you can expect healthy green grass in 10-14 days.
- For weed removal, you can expect to see weed brown and wither away after about two weeks.
Think of us as a trusted concierge for your home. We partner with local service experts who share our values and meet our rigorous safety, skill and happiness standards. We've done the legwork, groundwork and straight-up work-work so you don't have to.
Our guiding mission is to create homeowner happiness, one smile at a time.
When, and how often should I book lawn fertilization services?
Rümi’s fertilizer program covers the entire summer season starting in early May and finishing in late September. It includes five applications of an optimized liquid blend tailored to Alberta’s changing seasons – spring, early summer, summer, late summer, and fall.
What kind of fertilizer is used?
Our fertilizers are custom blended designed to release in a controlled manner while increasing soil and plant health. They are a balanced combination of nutrients for your lawn. We fertilize your lawn the same way Alberta’s top golf courses do, and use professional products made in Canada.
What’s so bad about weeds?
Weeds take away all the nutrition from your lawn, depleting the grass from important nutrients it needs to stay healthy and green – the same goes for your lovely garden. They can be a particular pain if they grow under hard surfaces like a deck, since they require special treatment to remove in order to avoid lifting and other property damage.
When can I expect to see results?
After fertilization, you can expect to see healthy green grass in 10-14 days. Just add water.
For weed removal, you can expect to see weeds brown and wither away after about two weeks.
How does Rümi ensure safety?
Safety is one of our top priorities.
Our crews bring and maintain expert equipment. Every team member is required to wear long pants, jeans, or slacks. When operating the trimmers, our crew members wear provided eye protection. Both crew members also wear provided ear protection and gloves.
How long will it take to complete these services?
Typically, our crew of experts can complete each service in less than 30 minutes each.