The first question we usually hear: what’s soffit?
We’re glad you asked!
Stand just outside your house and look up. Do you see a border of material overhanging your home’s roof? That’s soffit. Many homes have it, and many do not. In addition to enhancing the exterior or your house, soffit helps with ventilation, particularly into and out of the attic.
The second question we hear: then what’s fascia??
You can’t really have one without the other. Where there’s soffit overhanging your roof, you’ll see fascia running along the ends of a structure where exterior elements like gutters are attached.
Together, soffit and fascia help prevent mould and mildew from accumulating due to unwanted moisture buildup in the attic. Rümi’s experts can install most types of soffit and fascia ensuring you stay dry and cozy.
This service is currently available in Calgary, Edmonton and their surrounding areas.
Since every project is unique, our pricing is all estimate based. Don’t worry about receiving a surprise bill though. We’ll go over the cost of the entire project with you before the work begins.
What to expect
- Give our home happiness advisors a call to book this service or request a quote through the website. You can also request through the Rümi app available in both the Google Play and Apple App stores.
- You’ll receive a free quote with a firm price and a complete breakdown of all work.
- Our experts install your new soffit and fascia to the highest of standards ensuring it can withstand Alberta weather.
- A full job site inspection, clean up, and complete customer satisfaction review will occur before any payment is required.
- With Rümi’s workmanship warranty you are guaranteed to be happy!
Think of us as a trusted concierge for your home. We partner with local service experts who share our values and meet our rigorous safety, skill and happiness standards. We've done the legwork, groundwork and straight-up work-work so you don't have to.
Our guiding mission is to create homeowner happiness, one smile at a time.
When should I replace my soffit and fascia?
The signs you might need to replace your soffit and fascia include:
- Signs of tiny intruders... If you hear weird noises from your attic there may be an issue with your soffit and fascia as that is likely how the pests gained access.
- Is your paint cracking or flaking? This along with bubbles in the paint can cause water to leak into your house.
- Gutters hanging on by a thread? Wobbly gutters are a sign that their soffit and fascia support system needs to be replaced.
- Mould or dark spots? This could be a sign of poor ventilation and buildup of unwanted water which can be signs of old and / or damaged soffits and fascia.
How long does a full install take?
This depends on the size of your home, but on average it can take 1-2 days.
Can work on the soffit and fascia be completed in the winter?
All roofing, fascia, and soffit repairs can be done all winter but are still very weather dependent from a safety standpoint with rooftops being slippery and ladder work more difficult.
None of our techs will work outdoors past -20 degrees so every project is done on a case-by-case, day-by-day basis. Safety first!
Can Rümi offer me a quote from a photograph?
We don’t base quotes off satellite imagery, as that’s a sure way to miss vital details. Our experts visit your home to assess the soffit and fascia in person.