Man, this is getting deep.
Some soils lack all the nutrients your trees need to stay healthy and happy. Malnourished plants can also become more vulnerable to pests and disease. Enter root zone fertilization. This deep treatment can help supplement your trees’ surrounding soil, giving plants the best chance to grow and flourish for years to come.
Deep fertilization treatments not only make roots stronger but also help your trees and shrubs recover more easily from dry spells and reduce the risk of drought injury.
So, what are you waiting for? Save the trees!
This service is currently available in Edmonton and the surrounding area.
Since every project is unique, our pricing is all estimate based. Don’t worry about receiving a surprise bill though. We’ll go over the cost of the entire project with you before the work begins.
What to expect
- Give our home happiness advisors a call to book this service or request a quote through the website. You can also request through the Rümi app available in both the Google Play and Apple App stores.
- Our experts will visit your trees and use top quality, low-salt-index fertilizers that prevent root burn.
- We apply a mixture of fertilizer and water through pressurized injection directly into the root zones of your trees and shrubs.
- Our method aerates the soil as the mixture treats the deepest parts of your tree, allowing for better absorption of water, nutrients and oxygen.
- Rümi will not consider a job complete until you are feeling completely confident with your yard.
Think of us as a trusted concierge for your home. We partner with local service experts who share our values and meet our rigorous safety, skill and happiness standards. We've done the legwork, groundwork and straight-up work-work so you don't have to.
Our guiding mission is to create homeowner happiness, one smile at a time.
What is deep root fertilization?
Deep root fertilization is to provide your tree's root system with a strong reserve of nutrients when the soil it lives in is not quite doing the job! The tree specialists do this by injecting carefully selected minerals and nutrients into the soil around your trees so that they can be easily absorbed by the roots of your tree.
Why do trees need deep root fertilization?
If your tree is growing in very compacted soil nutrients and water is less likely to penetrate the soil and reach the root zone. A sign of this can be if the branches and leaves of your tree show any signs of growth stress (spots on leaves or distorted growth) or severe root damage has occurred.
If you suspect that a tree needs deep root feeding, Rümi is here to offer professional consultation.
How often should I deep root fertilize my tree?
It is recommended to deep root feed your trees every spring and fall to keep them as healthy as possible. If you only want to commit to treatment once a year, autumn would generally be the recommended time.