Water Softener Installation
Get Tough on Hard Water—With a Softener
Hard water contains a high mineral content, and it’s more common than you might realize. While hard water doesn’t pose a threat to your health (in fact, there may even be some residual health benefits from the added minerals), it can wreak havoc on your home’s plumbing and render soap and detergent less effective. So, ditch the hard water and take a multivitamin to make up for whatever health benefits you sacrifice.
Please be aware that softened water is not safe for drinking. Install a water filter to make your water fit for consumption.
Pro Tip: If you have a tankless water heater, a water softener is highly recommended. Without one, a yearly service and flushing is a must!
Why Go Soft?
Water softeners prevent build-up of minerals (scale) on the inside of pipes, fixtures, and hot water heaters. Softeners also help lengthen the lifespan of some appliances and reduce or prevent mineral spots on glassware. The best part? Water softeners are nice to your skin, leaving it soft and conditioned.
Rümi Can Soften Things Up
Our technicians install one of the most reliable water softeners on the market. Our system is easy to maintain and eliminates the most common hard minerals in your plumbing.
Nova Brand Water Softener
Water softeners allow you to eliminate harmful materials in your drinking water. However, they do so while also adding sodium to the water, as the calcium or magnesium ions must be replaced with sodium. As a result, water softeners may pose a small risk to people who are sensitive to sodium or require a low-sodium diet.
The Nova Softener is one of the most reliable water softeners on the market.
Benefits of going with the Nova brand water softener include:
- Lower water usage because it regenerates with a built-in metered paddle wheel.
- Fiber-reinforced polymer valve body that is durable, non-corrosive, and UV-resistant.
- 5-cycle control for efficient and reliable water treatment.
- Time-tested, hydraulically balanced piston for service and regeneration.
- Optical sensor for precision cycle positioning.
- Soft water refill for a cleaner brine tank.
- Designed with double backwash for reduced hardness leakage.
- Diagnostics for historical valve performance.
- Programming stored in memory (cannot be lost due to power outages).
*Water services are currently only available in Edmonton, but we look forward to offering them to our neighbours in the Calgary area soon.