Has opening and closing your garage door turned into a family sport?
Pressing the open/close button at just the right angle, or when the sun hits the sensor just right? Or maybe, you have no idea what the problem is other than it’s just not working!
No more garage door frustrations for you. We’ll take on diagnosing and repairing your garage door and take any door-involved burden off your shoulders. You'll be left with a smooth, quiet, and perfectly sealed garage door that works just the way you expect.
Just looking for a tune-up? No problem. Preventative maintenance is important for any part of your house and your garage doors and overhead doors are no different.
This service is currently available in Calgary and its surrounding areas.
Since every project is unique, our pricing is all estimate-based. Don’t worry though, you won't receive a surprise bill. We will go over the entire project's costs with you before the work begins.
What to expect
- Give our home happiness advisors a call to book this service or request a quote through the website. You can also request through the Rümi app available in both the Google Play and Apple App stores.
- Our team will visit your home equipped and ready to inspect the door, diagnose all areas for repair, and complete the job.
- If you end up needing a new door, our expert technicians can recommend the best options for your needs.
- We’ll take care of removing materials and clean up before the job is done.
Think of us as a trusted concierge for your home. We partner with local service experts who share our values and meet our rigorous safety, skill, and happiness standards. We've done the legwork, groundwork, and straight-up work-work so you don't have to.
Our guiding mission is to create homeowner happiness, one smile at a time.
When should I start expecting to need repairs?
You should inspect the rollers twice a year and get them replaced every seven years or so. Depending on how many times you use the door daily, you might need to do this more often.
For safety reasons, it is best to update your opener if it’s between 7-10 years old.
What is done during a maintenance visit?
During a maintenance visit our experts will:
- Inspect, looking and listening for obvious issues.
- Check and sometimes replace the weather stripping.
- Adjust door for balance.
- Inspect and usually replace rollers - need replacing sometimes up to twice a year.
- Lubricate moving parts.
- Test the auto-reverse and safety features.
- Inspect the actual door itself, cleaning out areas if need be.
- And anything else our expert deems necessary!
Is there anything I should be doing between your team’s visits to maintain my door?
Of course! There are always things homeowners can do to maintain their garage door in between professional visits, such as:
- Listen for labored or scratching or bumping noises on either side.
- Check and replace rollers twice a year – you can take this on as a DIY project, or we can come and help!
- Keep sensors clean from dust or spider webs and aligned.
- Double-check auto-reverse every now and then.
- Ensure weather-stripping isn’t coming loose.
Do you offer cost estimates?
Yes! Just fill out our online form and we will be in touch for an estimate.
How long does the repair/maintenance take?
On average it takes approximately 1 hour to service/repair most residential garage doors.
Do I need to be home for the garage door repair?
We recommend being present for the installation to ensure you are happy before we leave. We also like homeowners to be present so for easy access to your garage or other necessary doors.