As much as we love the summer sun, sunburns, parched plants, or faded patio furniture are no fun. Why not have Rümi install a retractable awning?
Retractable awnings are an excellent blend of form and function. With hundreds of colours to choose from, awnings offer a maintenance-free solution for sun-protection that adds to the design of your outdoor space. Best of all, they tuck discreetly away when not needed, and can stay put through winter months without worry. With just the click of a button, you can turn your outdoor space into a shady oasis.
This service is currently available in Calgary, Edmonton and their surrounding areas.
Since every project is unique, our pricing is all estimate-based. Don’t worry though, you won't receive a surprise bill. We will go over the entire project's costs with you before the work begins.
What to expect
- Give our home happiness advisors a call to book this service or request a quote through the website. You can also request through the Rümi app available in both the Google Play and Apple App stores. If we get uncooperative weather on your appointment day, we’ll reschedule for a better time.
- This is a custom awning solution, and our team wants to make sure you get the exact design you’re looking for. Before you book, we’ll send out one of our screen experts to do a full design consultation to ensure we get the right solution to fit your home’s needs and your budget. Final measurements are also taken during this consultation.
- Once you review and approve your quote and have paid your deposit, we’ll order your custom-fit awning solution.
- Lead times can vary from 3-7 weeks throughout the summer.
- Before installation begins, please clear your deck or patio of any outdoor pots, plants, and furniture so we have a safe area to work.
- On average, each awning takes approximately 2 hours to install.
- When the job is done and the final inspection has been completed, you can enjoy your sheltered outdoor space with the simple click of a button.
Think of us as a trusted concierge for your home. We partner with local service experts who share our values and meet our rigorous safety, skill, and happiness standards. We've done the legwork, groundwork, and straight-up work-work so you don't have to.
Our guiding mission is to create homeowner happiness, one smile at a time.
Where can they be installed?
Retractable awnings can be installed and anchored on your home or outdoor structure and extend onto your patio or deck.
Are awnings customized to the size of my home or space?
Yes, there are many customizations available, including colour and sizing. We can install up to 25 feet across and 13 feet outward. Talk to us about more options for trickier spaces.
Are they easy to use?
Yes, the screens are motorized and only require the press of a button on your remote control to extend or store.
We also do a manual version of these screens with an easy-to-use twist handle!
Do the screens have a warranty?
Rümi service providers offer a limited 10-year warranty on retractable awnings.
what safety procedures do you follow?
Thanks for asking! Safety is a top priority.
The first thing our team will do when they arrive at your home is complete a field-level hazard assessment form. We’ll look at every aspect of the job to ensure that there are no hazards that will impact our ability to complete the job safely. If safety issues are a concern, we work with local structural experts to help determine if extra precautions need to be put into place such, as a roof anchor.
I'm just outside your service area, can i use your service?
It doesn’t hurt to give us a call and ask! We’ll have to take it on a case-by-case basis, but we’ll be happy to let you know during the call.
Do I have to be home for my appointment?
Our team of screen technicians prefers you to be on-site at the beginning and at the end of the installation for final inspection and signoff. Don’t worry though, our crews are flexible and are able to adapt to your schedule.