Tired of insects inviting themselves to your BBQ? Shut them out with retractable drop-down screens!
Drop-down screens are motorized and provide easy four-wall coverage for covered decks or patios. They offer additional privacy and protection from the weather, bugs, and sun with UV-blocking mesh. Best of all, these screens are totally customizable to suit your space and can be activated with the touch of a button.
This service is currently available in Calgary, Edmonton, and their surrounding areas.
Since every project is unique, our pricing is all estimate-based. Don’t worry though, you won't receive a surprise bill. We will go over the entire project's costs with you before the work begins.
What to expect
- Give our home happiness advisors a call to book this service or request a quote through the website. You can also request through the Rümi app available in both the Google Play and Apple App stores. If we get uncooperative weather on your appointment day, we’ll reschedule for a better time.
- This is a custom screen solution, and our team wants to make sure you get the exact design you’re looking for. Before you book, we’ll send out one of our screen experts to do a full design consultation for a solution to fit your home’s needs and your budget. Final measurements are also taken during this consultation.
- Once you review and approve your quote and have paid your deposit, we’ll order your custom fit screen solution.
- Lead times can vary from 3-7 weeks throughout the summer.
- Before installation begins, please clear your deck or patio of any outdoor pots, plants and furniture so we have a safe area to work.
- On average, each screen takes approximately 2 hours to install.
- When the job is done and final inspection has been completed, you can enjoy your sheltered outdoor space with the simple click of a button.
Think of us as a trusted concierge for your home. We partner with local service experts who share our values and meet our rigorous safety, skill, and happiness standards. We've done the legwork, groundwork, and straight-up work-work so you don't have to.
Our guiding mission is to create homeowner happiness, one smile at a time.
Where can they be installed?
Retractable drop-down screens can be installed on covered decks and patios, as well as garage entries.
Are they customizable?
Yes, there are many customizations available, including colour and sizing. We can provide systems up to 19 feet wide and 14 feet tall. Talk to us about any other specifications, and we’ll see what we can do!
Are they easy to use?
Yes, the screens are motorized and only require the press of a button to extend or store out-of-sight.
We also do a manual version of these screens with an easy-to-use twist handle!
What safety procedures do you follow?
Thanks for asking! Safety is a top priority.
The first thing our team will do when they arrive to your home is complete a field-level hazard assessment form. We’ll look at every aspect of the job to ensure that there are no hazards that will impact our ability to complete the job safely.
I'm just outside your service area, can I use your service?
It doesn’t hurt to give us a call and ask! We’ll have to take it on a case-by-case basis, but we’ll be happy to let you know during the call.
Do I have to be home for my appointment?
Yes, our team of screen technicians prefers you to be on-site at the beginning and at the end of the installation for final inspection and signoff. Don’t worry though, our crews are flexible and are able to adapt to your schedule.