Retractable screen doors are perhaps the most stylish way to keep air moving freely between the indoors and outdoors while keeping dust, bugs, and other unwanted pests out.
Retractable screen doors can be discreetly installed on almost any type of door frame, and their self-protecting housing unit offers a sleek and sophisticated look. The fiberglass or nylon mesh can even block damaging UV rays. The best part? They're there when you need 'em, and tucked away when you don’t.
This service is currently available in Calgary, Edmonton, and their surrounding areas.
Since every project is unique, our pricing is all estimate-based. Don’t worry though, you won't receive a surprise bill. We will go over the entire project's costs with you before the work begins.
What to expect
- Give our home happiness advisors a call to book this service or request a quote through the website. You can also request through the Rümi app available in both the Google Play and Apple App stores. If we get uncooperative weather on your appointment day, we’ll reschedule for a better time.
- During our initial phone call, our representatives will learn more about your home and your screen needs. We’ll typically go over any questions you have about our door solutions. We'll also ask things like:
- Are you looking for a screen for your front, back, or side door?
- Does the door swing in or out of the home, or does it slide?
- Is the frame around the door white, or a different colour?
- Do you have any pets in the home?
- Once we have an understanding of the project, we’ll provide you with a free quote directly over the phone, and then follow up with a written quote.
- If you choose to proceed, we'll book you in for a service call for a date and time that works with your schedule.
- Our screen technician will come out to your home and custom fabricate a retractable screen door made to measure for your home. Installation typically takes 1 hour and once we're done you can bring in the breeze right away!
Think of us as a trusted concierge for your home. We partner with local service experts who share our values and meet our rigorous safety, skill, and happiness standards. We've done the legwork, groundwork, and straight-up work-work so you don't have to.
Our guiding mission is to create homeowner happiness, one smile at a time.
Can I install a retractable screen on French doors?
Yes! Retractable screen doors fit a variety of openings, including single and double-point entry doors, garage doors, French doors, and sliding patio doors.
Do the screens have a warranty?
Rümi service providers offer a limited lifetime warranty on all parts.
Are they customizable?
Yes, there are many customization options available including colour and finish, extra-large height and widths, pet-proof screens, French door kits, flush mount handles, and soft closing mechanisms.
Are they safe for kids and pets?
Yes. These screens are designed to protect children and pets from getting caught in the screen, and more durable mesh is available if needed.
What colours are available?
Standard colours are white, linen, sandalwood, coffee, brown, black, and silver. We can also colour-match plugs and handles to blend in nicely with your home’s exterior.
What safety procedures do you follow?
Thanks for asking! Safety is a top priority.
The first thing our team will do when they arrive to your home is complete a field-level hazard assessment form. We’ll look at every aspect of the job to ensure that there are no hazards that will impact our ability to complete the job safely.
I'm just outside your service area, can I use your service?
It doesn’t hurt to give us a call and ask! We’ll have to take it on a case-by-case basis, but we’ll be happy to let you know during the call.
Do I have to be home for my appointment?
Yes, you’ll need to give our crew access to your doorway. Don’t worry though, our crews are flexible and are able to adapt to your schedule.