Breathe in that good air.
Getting your furnace and ducts cleaned annually can improve your home’s air quality!
Regular cleaning prevents issues with your furnace in the long run by helping it work more efficiently. It’s also a fact that clean vents can help save you money by reducing energy usage, especially during the winter months.
This service is currently available in Calgary, Edmonton and their surrounding areas.
Furnace and Duct Cleaning (min $139.00)
|10 vents, visual inspection of 1 furnace||$159.00|
|Second duct system hook up fee||$59.00|
|Furnace blower cleaning per furnace||$59.00|
Your furnace chimney might also need a good scrub. We can do that!
|Sanitize duct system
What to expect
- Give our home happiness advisors a call to book this service or request a quote through the website. You can also request through the Rümi app available in both the Google Play and Apple App stores.
- Our expert techs visit your home and start with a complete multi-point inspection.
- The cleaning process includes changing filters, vacuuming and cleaning all the necessary zones.
- The tech will test the ignition and fan operation then begin the external furnace clean.
- Our techs use a customized approach to every home’s unique ductwork system and will suggest any changes that can be made to improve heating/cooling capabilities.
- Rümi will not count a job done until they are positive you are winter-ready!
Think of us as a trusted concierge for your home. We partner with local service experts who share our values and meet our rigorous safety, skill and happiness standards. We've done the legwork, groundwork and straight-up work-work so you don't have to.
Our guiding mission is to create homeowner happiness, one smile at a time.
Why do ducts need to be cleaned?
Besides built-up dust and dirt, there are several other reasons regular air duct cleaning is a good idea:
- For small children who are more sensitive to air quality.
- For occupants or guests with allergies or asthma.
- To prevent water contamination or damage to the HVAC system.
- To remove cigarette smoke trapped in ducts.
- To remove dust created by any renovation project.
How often is a duct cleaning necessary?
Air duct cleaning is recommended every two-to-three years.
If an excessive amount of dust is visible, or if you’ve had recent renovations, schedule a duct cleaning as soon as possible.
Will cleaning my air reduce my energy bills?
Most likely, yes. Dirt and debris can restrict airflow, causing your system to work harder and longer, requiring more energy.
By cleaning the HVAC system, you may not only see an increase in system efficiency (and enjoy lower energy bills), but you can also extend the life of your furnace or air conditioning system by reducing wear and tear.
How long will the duct cleaning take?
A thorough duct cleaning generally takes between 90 minutes and up to three hours.
What does the tech need from me before the appointment?
Move furniture away from vents before your appointment.
Make sure the path to supply and return vent is cleared for installers to be reached.
- Supply vents are smaller and are usually found on the floor or the ceiling. Return vents are larger and are typically placed on either the floor or bottom portion of the wall. We service both types of vents.
Avoid parking in your driveway/in front of your house so we can park our van as close to the door as possible.
How can I tell the cleaning job was completed thoroughly?
All parts of your system should look visibly clean. Our technicians also use remote photography to document before and after conditions inside the main ducts and will show you the parts of your ductwork and HVAC system that were treated. Who doesn’t love impressive before and after photos?
Can I clean my ducts myself?
No. Duct cleaning requires powerful suction vacuums and really should be left to the professionals.