Watching spring burst onto the scene looks so much better through clean and clear windows.
The Rümi team is standing by to brighten your view with expert window cleaning services – both interior and exterior. We’ll work around mother nature’s schedule and arrive when you need us with all of the products and equipment needed to get the job done. In the end, your home will be free of winter smudges and will sparkle like new. It’s like giving your house a facelift, and a clear view of blue skies will give you a lift too.
This service is currently available in Calgary, Edmonton and their surrounding areas.
Since every project is unique, our pricing is all estimate-based. Don’t worry though, you won't receive a surprise bill. We will go over the entire project's costs with you before the work begins.
what to expect
- Give our home happiness advisors a call to book this service or request a quote through the website. You can also request through the Rümi app available in both the Google Play and Apple App stores.
- If we get uncooperative weather on your appointment day, we’ll reschedule for a better time.
- Before we arrive, we request that you clear a path so we can access your windows (interior and exterior, if that’s what you book).
- Before work starts, the crew will walk your property and complete a Field Level Hazard Assessment to note any areas of concern. After this is done, the crew will start prepping their environmentally friendly cleaning products.
- We’ll tackle your windows using a proven cleaning solution and squeegee, and a metal glass scraper for stubborn dirt. We’ll bring a variety of ladders, and bring some protective barriers to protect your floors.
- On average, this service takes 2-4 hours to complete.
- When the job is done, the crew will snap an ‘after’ photo, pack up their equipment and leave you to enjoy the view.
- Finally, you’ll receive a link to view your before/after photos.
Think of us as a trusted concierge for your home. We partner with local service experts who share our values and meet our rigorous safety, skill and happiness standards. We've done the legwork, groundwork and straight-up work-work so you don't have to.
Our guiding mission is to create homeowner happiness, one smile at a time.
How often should I get my windows cleaned?
The majority of our clients book window cleanings one to three times each year, as the seasons change. We’re also often called when there are environmental shifts, like a new construction site kicking up dust nearby.
For external windows: the minerals and dirt dissolved in rain will stick to the window surface and accumulate over time. Other organic materials (think wind, dust and insects) can leave residue on outdoor windows.
For internal windows: the amount of dirt on the window interior will vary. The windows in the living room, kitchen and bathroom are usually the dirtiest because of the increased humidity in these areas of the house. Of course, if you’re remodeling or doing any other work around the house, you may want to call us more often, as this kind of dirt may contain harmful pollutants that can impact the health of everyone living in the house.
Call us when the view is looking dingy, and your home is in need of a freshening up.
Do I need to prepare for a window cleaning service?
The goal of our service is to take the stress off your plate, so all you need to do while we do the work is enjoy your day. However, if you want to ensure that our service is carried out as fast as possible, it can speed things up to:
- Pull up drapes and blinds.
- Get pets out of the way and comfortable (We love pets. We just want to make sure they’re kept safe).
- Store any breakable items.
- Ensure window areas are clear (don’t worry about big pieces of furniture, let us take care of that).
Can you clean my garage windows too?
We definitely can! We help homeowners put their best foot forward. We’ll get any glass surfaces outside your home spick and span.
Do you perform window cleaning in bad weather?
In Alberta, we’re no strangers to a little rain or snow, but if inclement weather gets too nasty, we may have to reschedule our window cleaning service for the safety of our crew and to make the clean worth your while.
How do you clean windows indoors?
Very carefully, and with the utmost respect for the home. We can remove our shoes while cleaning indoors and lay down protective barriers when we need to use a ladder or otherwise need to protect your floor or carpet.
How long does a window cleaning service take?
For most homes requiring indoor and outdoor cleaning, our crews can complete a service in two to four hours. If we anticipate that a cleaning service might take unusually long, we’ll always let you know.
If this is at all a concern about the service, please let us know, and we’ll do everything we can to accommodate your schedule.
What safety procedures do you follow?
Thanks for asking! Safety is a top priority.
The first thing our team will do when they arrive at your home is complete a field-level hazard assessment form. We’ll look at every aspect of the job to ensure that there are no hazards that will impact our ability to complete the job safely. In addition to this, we always use the “buddy system” when it comes to ladder safety.
If safety issues are a concern, we work with local structural experts to help determine if extra precautions need to be put into place such, as a roof anchor.
I'm just outside your service area, can I use your service?
It doesn’t hurt to give us a call and ask! We’ll have to take it on a case-by-case basis, but we’ll be happy to let you know during the call.
Do I have to be home for my appointment?
If you have an appointment for an interior window cleaning, you will have to be home for this portion of the appointment to let us in. Don’t worry though, our crews are flexible and are able to adapt to your schedule. It is not necessary for you to be home during the exterior window cleaning portion of your appointment.