Time for a checkup? We make house calls.
Like regular car maintenance, your home needs checkups to ensure it stays in good health. If you haven’t had your home inspected since you first purchased it, it’s probably time for a home maintenance inspection.
A home maintenance inspection gives you a complete overview of your home, including issues that may be lurking under the radar. You’ll find out where your appliances are in their lifecycles, what fixes need to be done around the home — and, most importantly, if there are any critical safety issues. At the end, you get peace of mind knowing you are on top of your home’s health, safety and maintenance budget.
Please note: This is not a Home Inspection intended for Real Estate purposes. Please visit the Certified Home Inspection service page to book a Real Estate home inspection.
Home maintenance inspections are currently available in the following locations:
- Bragg Creek
If you want a home maintenance inspection outside of these areas, please contact us for more information. Additional charges may apply.
$249.99 + GST
What to expect?
- As part of your order confirmation, you're receive a survey link. You’ll answer questions about your home and let us know of any issues you may have. This will help us prepare for your inspection.
- Before we arrive, please clear a path so we can access the areas we need to inspect, including your home’s exterior walls, hot water tank, HVAC system, electrical panel, bathrooms, underneath sinks, attic hatches and any other areas that need to be inspected.
- We’ll inspect your home for signs of minor issues and larger concerns. We’ll help you understand what needs to be repaired, and whether the fix is minor, major or a safety concern. This will help you effectively manage any work that needs to be done.
- After the home maintenance inspection is complete, we’ll be here to answer and follow up on any questions you may have.
- Remember, no home is perfect. Your goal is to understand the issues affecting your property so you can make informed choices — not to get a perfect score.
- We’ll treat your home with care and leave everything as we found it.
- Same-day cancellation or no-shows are subject to a $75 administrative fee. Email us at email@example.com if you need to cancel.
Think of us as a trusted concierge for your home. We partner with local service experts who share our values and meet our rigorous safety, skill and happiness standards. We've done the legwork, groundwork and straight-up work-work so you don't have to.
Our guiding mission is to create homeowner happiness, one smile at a time.
Ready to Book?
Book a visit from a Certified Professional Home Inspector when it works for you.
How long does a home maintenance inspection take?
Approximately 2 hours, depending on the size and complexity of your home.
What will I get?
You’ll get a 1-on-1 session with a licensed home inspector who can answer your questions. We’ll identify any areas of concern within the home that are lacking maintenance — including furnace, AC, air ducts, water drainage, electrical, plumbing, grading and structural issues. You’ll get a full rundown of your appliances and their life expectancies as well.
We use infrared technology to help solve problems. This technology will detect water leaks, missing insulation, overheating electrical components, and can pinpoint areas that could improve energy efficiency.
What’s the difference between a traditional home inspection and a home maintenance inspection?
This service is very similar to the home inspection you got when you first purchased your home. We’re looking at all the major areas in a home but tailor this inspection to your needs. We don’t provide a lengthy inspection report, which keeps the price of this service affordable for you. If you are purchasing a home, please book a Certified Home Inspection.
Can I attend the inspection?
Yes! We encourage you to be present with the inspector, so you have all your questions and concerns addressed.
What are the home inspector’s qualifications?
All our inspections carry the Certified Professional Home Inspector designation equivalent or higher. We only bring on experienced inspectors with Rümi. You can rest assured that they’ve completed the highest level of education and can confidently answer your questions.
What is the home inspector looking for?
Your home inspector will have a long list of areas to inspect. We’ll check the structure and foundation of your home, as well as the grounds and drainage points. Your home’s roof and exterior will be visually checked for defects and wear. Inside your home, we’ll check your kitchen, bathroom and laundry, in addition to your plumbing and electrical systems. If you have a specific issue in mind, let your inspector know.
Do you inspect the roof?
We inspect the roof from the ground level. We do our best to examine the roof from as many angles as possible using binoculars and from the inside of the attic.
Does a home maintenance inspection include repairs?
No, home inspectors cannot make repairs. However, we will follow up with suggestions, whether it's a DIY fix or something that needs professional help. For bigger issues, we’ll get you a quote from a Rümi certified pro.
What If I only have a question or two?
Don’t worry, we can still help you. Please contact us and mention you need a shorter home maintenance inspection, and we’ll go from there! You can also book a 15-minute virtual inspection with a Rümi inspector to answer questions that don’t need a full in-person inspection.
My home has defects. Who can I call?
You’re in the right place! We offer home services for most issues you will find in your home. Scroll up to our Home Services menu to find expert help for your next project.