Knock knock. Who's there?
A stunning door that showcases you and your home’s personality is nothing to joke about.
The type of door you choose can say a lot about who you are. Welcoming. Bold. Charming. What does your door say about you? With Rümi’s extensive collection of exterior doors, the possibilities are endless.
We provide door solutions for:
- Exterior basement entries
This service is currently available in Calgary, Edmonton and their surrounding areas.
Since every project is unique, our pricing is all estimate based. Don’t worry though, you won't receive a surprise bill. We will go over the entire project's costs with you before the work begins.
What to expect
- Give our home happiness advisors a call to book this service or request a quote through the website. You can also request through the Rümi app available in both the Google Play and Apple App stores.
- During an in-home consultation, we’ll assess your home, make recommendations and walk you through the process. You’ll get to choose the frame, colour, glass and hardware that suit your home and your style.
- Our InstallationMasters™ installer will be in touch to schedule the necessary precise and comprehensive measurements for your door selections.
- When your production dates are finalized, we’ll give you a call and schedule an appointment to install your new doors.
- It takes about 6 – 8 weeks from the time we get your request to the time your home has a fresh new entrance!
Think of us as a trusted concierge for your home. We partner with local service experts who share our values and meet our rigorous safety, skill and happiness standards. We've done the legwork, groundwork and straight-up work-work so you don't have to.
Our guiding mission is to create homeowner happiness, one smile at a time.
Is financing available?
Yes! We can offer customized monthly payment plans from 24- or 48-month terms. Our expert will discuss a plan that works best for you during your in-home consultation.
Are your doors NAFS tested & certified?
The North American Fenestration Standard (NAFS) is designed to combine the window and door testing and rating processes into a harmonized North American Standard. It's incorporated into the National Building Code of Canada and implemented across Canadian provinces.
NAFS Certification requires meeting stringent standards for air tightness, water penetration resistance, structural performance under wind loads, and forced entry resistance. In short, it gives you peace of mind that your windows and doors are up to the task.
We offer NAFS tested and certified windows and doors, available in nearly every product series and configuration. Each NAFS certified product is clearly labelled, outlining the PG value and any specific ratings such as water and air resistance values.
What are your qualifications?
We meet and exceed local and national building codes and stringent energy-efficiency standards. We also offer a full range of NAFS (AAMA/ WDMA/CSA 101/I.S.2/A440) and NFRC Certified windows and doors, so the products you choose are tailored to your geographic location and conditions while providing maximum value and comfort for your home.
How long does the process take?
From your request to your new windows and doors, the entire process takes 6 – 8 weeks. Our windows and doors have been handcrafted in Alberta for more than 40 years. It’s worth the wait.
What Are PERFORMANCE GRADE and PERFORMANCE CLASS Ratings?
Ratings are based on a combination of a product’s structural properties and its ability to resist water. As a result, a single numeric rating is assigned to each product. This rating is called the PERFORMANCE GRADE (PG).
NAFS has also categorized the application of fenestration products into four groups. Each of these groups is called a PERFORMANCE CLASS. Each PERFORMANCE CLASS requires products that meet a minimum PERFORMANCE GRADE.
The performance classes and applicable minimum performance grades are:
- R: Residential (one and two-family) - minimum PG15
- LC: Light Commercial (low rise and multi-family dwellings) - minimum PG25
- CW: Commercial Window (low rise and multi-family dwellings, higher loads and larger sizes) - minimum PG30
- AW: Architectural Window (mid to high rise buildings, high exposure conditions) - minimum PG40
What's special about your glass technology?
We’re glad you asked. A lot goes into making your doors as energy efficient as possible, and it all starts with the glass. With over four decades of experience, we’re experts in high-performance, energy-efficient glass. Ask our professionals about all the technologies we use to maximize comfort and energy savings.
What is the InstallationMasters™ program?
Our installers in Alberta are certified through the InstallationMasters™ Program, which teaches best practices and methods for installing windows and doors. We're the only people in Canada who do it because we know it makes an important difference and provides our customers with the peace of mind they’re looking for.
Are your doors ENERGY STAR® certified?
You bet! Our products are built to the highest energy-efficient standards, consistently earning us ENERGY STAR® awards year after year.
Due to our climate, we spend far more money each year on heating than we do on cooling our home. (Thanks for pointing that out, Natural Resources Canada researchers.) Allowing warm air to escape is like watching your hard-earned money escape with it. Nobody wants that.