See the light!
Standing up to extreme weather is what separates average windows from excellent ones. Our windows are designed to stand up to Canadian winters and perform throughout our extraordinary seasons, even when all those seasons arrive on the same day.
From multiple insulated air chambers and welded corners on our PVC windows, to dual- and triple-pane glass with Low-E coatings, we can create a custom product package to match your needs. Not sure what all that means? We’ll walk you through it.
This service is currently available in Calgary, Edmonton and their surrounding areas.
Since every project is unique, our pricing is all estimate based. Don’t worry though, you won't receive a surprise bill. We will go over the entire project's costs with you before the work begins.
What to expect
- Give our home happiness advisors a call to book this service or request a quote through the website. You can also request through the Rümi app available in both the Google Play and Apple App stores.
- During an in-home consultation, we’ll assess your home, make recommendations and walk you through the process. You’ll get to choose the frame, colour, glass and hardware that suit your home and your style.
- Our InstallationMasters™ installer will be in touch to schedule the necessary precise and comprehensive measurements for your door selections.
- When your production dates are finalized, we’ll give you a call and schedule an appointment to install your new windows and doors.
- It takes about 6 – 8 weeks from the time we get your request to the time your home has a fresh new outlook!
Think of us as a trusted concierge for your home. We partner with local service experts who share our values and meet our rigorous safety, skill and happiness standards. We've done the legwork, groundwork and straight-up work-work so you don't have to.
Our guiding mission is to create homeowner happiness, one smile at a time.
Why should I replace my windows?
- Drafts: Are whistling sounds or a breeze coming through the windows?
- Higher energy bills: Your furnace and AC units work overtime to make up for those drafty windows.
- Single pane windows: These windows offer no insulation, soundproofing and lack energy efficiency. When replaced you will be sure to notice a sufficient drop on your energy bills.
- Hard to operate: Opening and closing your windows should not be a daily struggle. Not being able to properly lock or securely shut windows can cause a home security risk.
- Condensation: Condensation can happen for several reasons, but if it is constant and frost appease then it’s a window issue.
- Moisture between panes: There should be an airtight seal between your panes of glass. If a seal is broken than moisture can occur, and replacement should be considered.
- Outside noise: older windows do not provide much sound insulation, so if you can hear everything day and night, you might consider new windows that absorb the daily noises!
- Decaying, damaged frames: Even the highest quality of frames can decay over time, and in some cases mould can develop. Any sign of mould means new window time!
- Curb appeal: Modern, energy-efficient windows can also add valued curb appeal to your home!
Is financing available?
Yes! We can offer customized monthly payment plans from 24- or 48-month terms. Our window expert will discuss a plan that works best for you during your in-home consultation.
Are your windows NAFS tested & certified?
The North American Fenestration Standard (NAFS) is designed to combine the window and door testing and rating processes into a harmonized North American Standard. It's incorporated into the National Building Code of Canada and implemented across Canadian provinces.
NAFS Certification requires meeting stringent standards for air tightness, water penetration resistance, structural performance under wind loads, and forced entry resistance. In short, it gives you peace of mind that your windows and doors are up to the task.
We offer NAFS tested and certified windows and doors, available in nearly every product series and configuration. Each NAFS certified product is clearly labelled, outlining the PG value and any specific ratings such as water and air resistance values.
What are your qualifications?
We meet and exceed local and national building codes and stringent energy-efficiency standards. We also offer a full range of NAFS (AAMA/ WDMA/CSA 101/I.S.2/A440) and NFRC Certified windows and doors, so the products you choose are tailored to your geographic location and conditions while providing maximum value and comfort for your home.
How long does the process take?
From your request to your new windows and doors, the entire process takes 6 – 8 weeks. Our windows and doors have been handcrafted in Alberta for more than 40 years. It’s worth the wait.
What Are PERFORMANCE GRADE and PERFORMANCE CLASS Ratings?
Ratings are based on a combination of a product’s structural properties and its ability to resist water. As a result, a single numeric rating is assigned to each product. This rating is called the PERFORMANCE GRADE (PG).
NAFS has also categorized the application of fenestration products into four groups. Each of these groups is called a PERFORMANCE CLASS. Each PERFORMANCE CLASS requires products that meet a minimum PERFORMANCE GRADE.
The performance classes and applicable minimum performance grades are:
- R: Residential (one and two-family) - minimum PG15
- LC: Light Commercial (low rise and multi-family dwellings) - minimum PG25
- CW: Commercial Window (low rise and multi-family dwellings, higher loads and larger sizes) - minimum PG30
- AW: Architectural Window (mid to high rise buildings, high exposure conditions) - minimum PG40
What's special about your glass technology?
We’re glad you asked. A lot goes into making your windows as energy efficient as possible, and it all starts with the glass. With over four decades of experience, we’re experts in high-performance, energy-efficient glass. Ask our professionals about all the technologies we use to maximize comfort and energy savings.
Do you install basement windows?
Yes. We offer a variety of options ideal for basements that are secure and energy-efficient.
What is the InstallationMasters™ program?
Our installers in Alberta are certified through the InstallationMasters™ Program, which teaches best practices and methods for installing windows and doors. We're the only people in Canada who do it, because we know it makes an important difference and provides our customers with the peace of mind they’re looking for.
Are your windows ENERGY STAR® certified?
You bet! Our windows are built to the highest energy-efficient standards, consistently earning us ENERGY STAR® awards year after year.
Due to our climate, we spend far more money each year on heating than we do on cooling our home. (Thanks for pointing that out, Natural Resources Canada researchers.) Allowing warm air to escape through poor windows is like watching your hard-earned money escape with it. Nobody wants that.
ENERGY STAR® certified windows can help cut energy consumption significantly. And they can save three-quarters of a tonne of greenhouse gas emissions annually—that’s equivalent to the carbon offset of planting 80 trees.